It IS Your Money Ltd – Complaints Procedure.
Should you wish to complain about our Company or service you may do so by writing to:
It IS Your Money
You can email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us by telephone 0333 321 0123
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006.
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint and will have authority to settle the complaint.
3. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either: a) A final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or b) A holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
4. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either: a) A final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or b) A response which: i. Explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and ii. Informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
5. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
6. What can I do if I am not satisfied with your response to my complaint?
If we are unable to resolve your concerns, then you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem.
If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint.
If you would like more information about the Financial Ombudsman Service their contact details are as follows:
In writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London E14 9SR
By telephone: 0300 123 9 123 between 8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am – 1.00pm on Saturday
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines. Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
By email: email@example.com
Via their Website: www.cmc.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Do not send original documents to the Financial Ombudsman Service. They will scan any documents you send them to make computer copies and then destroy the originals.